Friday, March 19, 2010

Unit 5: Loving-Kindness leads to an open mind

Oops, I don't know how I missed this one. I a blogging a bit late on this one and I apologize. I started thinking a lot more as I attempted to do this practice. It is not hard for me to lavish loving feelings and actions towards others--that I like. I found it a hard pill to swallow dealing with those I consider enemies and I really don't want to look upon anyone with that frame of mind. Since I have to be honest with myself, I do not like the attitudes of some with whom I have come in contact. I have strong feelings of disdain and I truly don't want to feel that way about them. This exercise has given me a good place to start and that is by helping me to let go of my negative feelings and replacing them with something more postive.

So this is the thought that I have centered my focus on as I practice this concept: "They are created beings that God loves and as a follower of His teachings I will learn to love them, too."

The subtle mind practice--oh boy was that hard for me! My mind is like a busy department store. I am not going to relent though, I am still practicing it. I need to get mastery over my thoughts and get a more positive noise in my mind so that the adverse physiology affects the noises cause will diminish. I am getting better and it is one value tool that I am taking away from this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment