Sunday, March 21, 2010

Unit Seven: Transformation of the Healer

I am still experiencing difficulty in giving my mind over to these practices. I am determined that I am going to get there. I will have to practice over and over the witnessing mind concept. My mind is not yet calm enough to allow these visualizations to happen. I tried hard to get into my mind the picture of someone that was older and respected by me. There are three people that fit this bill--two of which are dead--mother and mother-in-law. In my mind, it should have been easy to see my mother and mother-in-law, but I could not get a visual. The fact that I couldn't saddened me, because my mother-in-law just died in December on Christmas Day which was most memorable. Now, my mother is altogether a different situation, because she has been dead since 2005. There is so much going on in my consciousness that I could not see them--two women I loved and respected deeply. I am determined to remedy this. Some of the meditative practices are easier for me than others. The exercises that we tried in one of our journal writings such as picturing snow and a fire burning in the fireplace was a lot more doable. There was not the noise of the person guiding me vocally, along with all the other stuff in my head. I hope that makes sense. I just need absolute undisturbed quiet as I attempt to move into successful practicing of these meditative experiences.

Yet, there is improvement or increase in my psychological or spiritual wellness. I have been opened to identify what needs healing in me and I am going for it full force. I need to do this, so I can show the others how to achieve the same.

Transformation of the healer is an appropriate title for this section in the textbook. It is appropriately stated here: "Providers of health care must work on their own spiritual evolution to actually experience what the model represents." This flows right into describing what is meant by: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself." I cannot appropriately make applicable to anyone else's life these practices if I have not fully experienced the affects of practicing them in my own life. In my opinion, theory and the practice of it has merit, but experience enhances the lesson being shared. In answer to the question, do we have an obligation to our clients to be developing our health psychologically, physically, and spiritually? Yes would be my answer.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Pamela,

    I enjoyed reading your blog. I also believes that we have an obligation to our clients to be developed in our health. I can not wait until that day when I have my flourishing. I did not get a chance to listen to this CD because it did not work. On this CD I only connected to the track 3 so far. But when it comes down to meditation I rely on prayer. Because I know prayer can change thing. Good Luck!!!



    Kali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your blog response. I too have found it difficult to let myself go to the exercises. I have found myself just listening to them so that when I do start my journey I will know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I have read a few blogs and seen posts that compared a professional in health and wellness to any other career. Yes, a doctor can succesuflly treat and educate a person on diseases and illnesses they have never had. There is a science behind it. On something that is so personal and new to most people, I think you really need to be guided by someone who has experience in the area and incorporates it into their life. I will say I doubt I will ever be where Dacher has been, but I will lead people to my ability and only that level and openly tell people that. I feel it is much more honest and beneficial if a client is informed about your experience and what you can offer and what you can refer to someone with more experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela,
    Very inspirational... Thank you for sharing with us. I know healing with a death is one thing, but being able to bring them into a picture of the mind can be difficult. I thank you for your honesty in this because I know that you are still healing and will continue to heal from your loss. I am proud that you have come to the realization of the areas that need to be progressed in your life. Some people never recognize them. I will keep you in my prayers because I know that a journey as such can be difficult, however the end is so joyful. Thanks Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is common for our minds to not be calm that is why we need to train them. I also have so much going in my life and finding time to meditate is hard thing for me as well. Throug practice and patients we shall learn to calm the mind and focus as needed.

    ReplyDelete